Monday 12 July 2010

Day 197 (12/07/2010)

Busy week, apart from shed load of work that needs doing.

Take my suit to the cleaners for its annual clean, sort out my wife's car (again), visit to the dentist, Orange Wednesday, fill out the insurance form for the camera, start tidying garage so we can have the electricity meter changed, pay in some cheques, book some hotel rooms for work, avoid all biscuits, crisps and cakes.

I think there are some other things but can't remember them yet.

Update - 12:00 - Car booked in.

Sent an email to Bristol Airport;

-----------

Your rude unhelpful security staff.

I appreciate the world we live in and the threat that the government say that terrorists are but if you insist that I have to take my shoes off and walk along your floor then have it cleaned. Some passengers were in bare feet walking along a floor that was filthy and covered in a sticky brown substance resembling s**t which the rude security girl (I know its a patronising term but she deserves it) said was just kids sweet.

I stand more chance of dieing after catching an infection from your filthy floor than I do from a terrorist attack.

Also when putting my possessions thru the x-ray machines it would help if your staff stopped chatting to each other long enough to clear the empty baskets, so that things can move along the conveyor and not get held up until members of the public clear the empty boxes, so that your rude useless staf can carrying on chatting to each other.

If there is a terrorist attack at the airport I hope someone will tell your staff as they seem too busy talking to each other to pay attention to anything else.

I have flown from many airports and your staff are amongst the rudest and your floor is the dirtiest.

------------------

It does make me think that if there was a terrorist attack at an airport and they decided to machine gun just the security staff, how many people would complain.

Certainly if it happened in Bristol Airport they probably wouldn't even bother cleaning the floor afterwards.

Update - 15:00 - Booked the car in, booked a haircut, dropped my suit of for cleaning, paid the cheques in still not had any biscuits, crisps or cakes.

Can you get patches to help with the symptoms of missing biscuits and cakes.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear. You are obviously very busy and having withdrawal symptoms isn't helping.

    Although it doesn't make it any easier, the only way to avoid eating cakes and biscuits when at home is to not buy them in the first place. Unfortunately this means that all other house members also have to go without. It also means that in order to avoid them completely you shouldn't leave the house either !!

    That said, I think you're doing very well considering the pressure you are under from complacent public service personnel. I can't speak for airport staff but if there's one thing that REALLY annoys me it's staff chatting amongst themselves when they are meant to be serving you......I feel like asking them what Charm School they went to. Aarrrrghh.

    Time to take a chill pill. ( me....not you. )

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you just stick a chocolate digestive to your arm? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason since I told my wife on Saturday that I was giving up biscuits and cakes, she has bought biscuits and cakes every day.

    It does make life hard when you can see cream cakes with a sell by date just sitting there and going off.

    Oh well.

    I wish I could just put a chocolate digestive on my arm, then I could dunk my arm in a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete