Saturday 24 July 2010

Day 209 & 210 (24 & 25/07/2010)

Simon Callow was very good.


It was a one man show all about Shakespeare, his life and his work. It was very interesting and entertaining but the theater could do with air conditioning as it gets very stuff in there, so I always feel sleepy. Luckily I was sat next to Kelly who nudged me awake when resting my eyes became snoring.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned it but I hate driving. So today I have to drop Kelly in Yeovil, then this afternoon pick my parents up drive them to the airport then go and pick Kelly up. I reckon I will be driving for nearly 4 hours today. What utter joy.

Update - Sat 12:15 - Decided all drivers in Yeovil except me are utter ****s. We were in a 60 zone stuck behind some tosser in a red Renault doing 42mph. Then two vehicles pulled out in front of me at roundabouts.

At times like these I wish I had a shut-gun and a get out of jail free card.

Update - Sun 17:45 - Went to the Brewhouse with Kelly to see Tapes and Ashes. They are an improvised electronic music band. Imagine Jean Michel Jarre but without a tune. Check it out and think about me sitting thru 50 minutes of it.

Thanks Kelly really appreciated it but please don't get me any of their cd's for my birthday, it's not really my cup of tea.

4 comments:

  1. OMG.

    ....and according to their page you had to PAY £5 each for the privilege !! You lucky person.

    That said, well done for accompanying Kelly and sticking it out for 50 minutes - a lesser man would have upped and left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say he did leave! He dragged me out of there like a big baby- begging me to take him home. And they were free tickets!! Because I work there. I take my Father to the theatre to broaden his mind- it's for his own good- he WILL thank me one day :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. I initially thought 50 minutes was the entire performance ! At least they were free tickets.

    Never mind Kelly. In a way you probably have broadened his mind because he will now know not to go anywhere near that type of performance ever again........ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I made an effort to go out with my daughter and I tried to enjoy it. She was OK but another 50 minutes of that and I would have been mad. Oh hang on its too late, I am mad.

    ReplyDelete