Saturday 10 July 2010

Day 195 & 196 (10 & 11/07/2010)

It would have been nice to of had a lie-in but I had to get up early to give back the courtesy car and pick up my wife's car, which was finally repaired on Thursday afternoon.

When I got to the garage I could see that they had not cleaned it and also tried to charge me for the examination to find the fault.

I pointed out that they must have a blind garage man, who must have cleaned someone elses car twice as mine was still dirty and that I wasn't paying for the examination to find the fault this time as I had already paid last month for a deaf mechanic who to failed to hear the fault, despite the car sounding like an old London Cab.

Thank god (who doesn't exist) that I got a few quid off as the total bil awas around £1,000. Words fail me.

Then had to drive Thomas for about an hour to a festival where he is spending the weekend.

Loads to catch up with now I'm back.

Update - Sat - 21:00 - So my wife is in Bristol seeing her mum, Kelly is working all day at an outside performance of some Shakespeare and Thomas is at a festival for the weekend.

I have spent to day going thru a few hundred emails, arranging my work, loads of which came in whilst we were away and updating my blog, twitter and websites (all work).

Have been good and not had any crisps, biscuits, chocolate or cakes, so far.

Update - Sun - 10:00 - Apparently Thomas is having a good time at the festival, hopefully he can get a lift back, otherwise it will be a pain picking him up when a few thousand people are all leaving at the same time.

Update - Sun - 18:00 - Picked up Thomas who had a good time. The air-conditioning in the wife's car is like a sickly asthmatic child chewing an ice-cube, so the car is gong to go back to the garage.

Still not had any crisps, biscuits, chocolate or cakes but did finish off a lovely bottle of champagne stuff, which was a present from my brother and his lovely partner. Thinking I should not do anything for the rest of the night apart from watch the world spin around.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back on here.

    Sorry to read about problems with the garage - these things are sent to try us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as sorry as me, its not even my car, it's the wifes.

    ReplyDelete