Monday 26 April 2010

Day 120 (26/04/2010)

Well it was lovely and sunny on Saturday when I was busy in the office then raining on Sunday when I was free. Hopefully it will stay nice today and I might escape for an hour to cut the grass as it's bin day tomorrow and I want to put the grass out to be collected, seeing as I have paid for this once free service.

I tried to cover up the scratch on my car but failed. I could show you the before and after photographs but they are the same.


I think the garage might notice and tell me that I have get it repaired before I return it at the end of the contract.

Update - 10:00 - I used a black permanent marker to colour in the scratches then wiped it off, which managed to make it stand out a bit less and nearly blend in if you weren't looking to carefully.

I got to the garage and reversed into a parking space, so when the lady came out to check my car, before accepting it into the garage, it wasn't that obvious.

She checked the car and it passed in perfect condition.

Update - 11:15 - The only problem with clients who have very important (well paid and will probably be in the press in a week or two) enquiries is that after I have given them the report, when they start doing their side of the enquiry is that they keep asking me things.

So far I have had over 5 calls in an hour including finding out the exchange rate for the Philippines Pesos.

Update - 19:45 - OK I got my car back and saw that she had marked down all the scratches on my car. Oh well must get it done before I return it.

When the garage phoned to say my car was ready they told me the tread on my front tyres was down to 2.0mm and that the legal minimum is 1.6mm and asked me if I want to have new ones put on. I did point out that as the tyres were safely still legal and would be for a while so it seemed a bit premature to change them now. Clearly I must of had "MUG" written on my forehead when I dropped the car of this morning.

Got home and the sun was still out. I have 1 report that must be done tonight and 3 or 4 that must be done tomorrow but felt I couldn't put off cutting the grass any longer.



OK the gardens looks rough and I must get it done this year but at least you can now get to the Washing Line without a machete.

Can I possibly get away with calling the garden my works relaxation area. I might possible add a wifi area and outside socket so I can work there. Might be worth a go, I will see what the accountant thinks.

2 comments:

  1. Well - the grass looks better now it's been cut. All you have to do now is raise the entire garden by about six inches to match the level of the drain......

    .....maybe next weekend ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats true.

    There used to be a wall at the end of the grass that I took down, which means the drain now stands out.

    I have renewed the fence, well me and dad did it last year. Now I'm going to raise the flower beds and then level the garden and get a large decked / patio area. Which Obviously will allow me to sit there and work.

    But we rarely use the garden as its never nice weather, plus we like the telly and possibly because it looks crap.

    ReplyDelete