Thursday 15 April 2010

Day 109 (15/04/10)

Back in the office and busy.

I had an unexpected email from an old friend today who I haven't spoken to for ages.

I am crap at being friends as I never keep in touch with close family and friends. If it wasn't for the computer I could be one of those people that dies and its not discovered for several years.

It is possible that Kelly would conceal my death as it would mean she got full time use of my car; however she would soon discover that the diesel fairy doesn't re-fuel the car when your sleeping.

Anyway it was nice to hear from my friend and I have now sent him a long rambling email of what I have been doing for the last few years. Strangely as well as being one of my closest friends he was also my boss. I never really got on with any of my bosses and it would be fair to say that I hated most of them.

During the 5+ years that Paul was my boss there were a number of times that perhaps I did things that weren't quite right (OK there were loads but whose counting) but he is such a good leader of men (and women) that he always gave me constructive advice that told me what I should do. I have nothing but total respect and love (not in a Brokeback Mountain way) for this man.

I did tell him about this blog so he might read this later and he will know that it is true (especially the bit about me hating all my other bosses and that I did plenty of things wrong).

No comments:

Post a Comment