Friday 23 April 2010

Day 117 (23/04/2010)

In the office with things to do. The weather is looking good I will definitely cut the grass this weekend and might even get out on my bike.

I should add I am yet to eat all the chocolate I bought for lunch yesterday and left over £30 on the card which I am returning.

Next time they book me for a course I will pace myself and might even take my wife with me, so that would technically be taking her out for a meal.

Update - 16:30 - Just been asked by a client if I wanted to work in London with him for a couple of days next week. I thought about it for less than a second. The money would have been great and the last time he promised me quite an interesting bonus, one my wife wouldn't of appreciated.

However the only time I have left my office in the last few years to work was with him and it ended up like a scene in strange thriller of a film. There were a few interesting anecdotes and a few quid earned but I would rather not get directly involved with these things, so I told him I had a few commitments.

A lucky escape, plus if the weather stays nice I can still wear my shorts rather than having to put a suit on.

Update - 19:30 - Just had a political type knock at the door asking me if I wanted to discuss any of the issues. He tried to hand me some stuff but I said I would only put it in the bin (at least I'm recycling). To be fair I did say I would be voting for them at the election (which he was surprised at) but only as I feel guilty after years of spoiling my ballot paper. I must use my vote if only to stop people like the BNP, Labour and Conservative getting a higher percentage.

I would quite like someone from Labour or the Conservatives to knock at the door as it would be funny to laugh in their faces when they ask for my vote. They are all self serving scum. But if they are all in one place as least we know where they are.

Today I was looking at electric cars on the internet. There aren't many to choose from so I wont be getting one this year but probably will in a few years time.

3 comments:

  1. ....will it still count if it's not on a Wednesday ?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully. I bought her flowers yesterday, not just because I had to fill up with fuel and the garage had a load of daffodils at half price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't writing a blog about "getting out of" doing that work something of a give away? And where's my Crunchie?

    ReplyDelete