Monday 19 April 2010

Day 113 (19/04/10)

What a glorious sunny day.

Still doing stuff for the course this week. Hope they appreciate the extra work I have put in. I doubt it.

When my wife went to work this morning her car, a Renault Scenic, sounded like an old London Taxi. I'm not a qualified mechanic but it sounds like something is wrong with it, she really should get it seen to. However I dare say she will tell me when it breaks down.

We had planned to go to New York on holiday this year but have just worked out the time that my wife has taken off from work for the holiday actually coincides with things that the kids have booked. Thomas has his School Prom & Kelly has her Film Night, where her course work is shown at a local cinema, along with other people on her course. Below is a photo from last years event, which wasn't fancy dress but Kelly and her friend decided to dress up.


So yet another year of disrupted family holidays due to the bloody kids. Saying that I will miss them when they don't want to go on holiday with us, but it will be nice to go at a cheaper time of year.

Thomas has now finished all of his photography course work. Well done mate. On the minus side he has printed out so much that my printer cartridges are already running low. This photography is costing me a fortune.

I have found a cheaper place to buy my cartridges which should save about £50 on a full set but when he prints out a few A4 photos full of colour or even lots of black for the moody black and white shots, I am tempted to just charge him a few quid.

Update - 10:00 - Just heard about the course I'm about to do. Most annoying. I billed and have been paid and have printed out stuff for 10 people to attend the course and they have decided to stick 11 people on it at the last minute.

As a punishment I am not not going to supply any sweets, let them starve.

Also contacted someone whose website service I recommend on my course, to ask if it was all right if I used a few slides from one of his presentations (which is online but password protected) but he doesn't want me to use his material.

I'm doing him a favour in recommending his website. I only talk about it for 10 minutes on a two day course and he charges people a lot of money to have an account on his website that I am recommending to people.

Sometimes you can see why in America stressed out people turn up at work with a gun and waste a few people who they hate. Really instead of saying how bad things are in America we should admire their restrain. If we had unrestricted gun ownership in the UK we would halve the population in a week.

Whilst typing this rant I have been phoned again and told it is now 12 people on the course and that means I now have to do more bloody laminates as I had only done enough for the course.

Have told them I will put up with 12 on the course this time but no more and that now I want a free lunch everyday (I actually said something much ruder but better not say that here).

No comments:

Post a Comment