Monday 29 March 2010

Day 92 (29/03/10)

I hate driving (I think I might have mentioned that before) so a nice 4 1/2 hr drive up to York was really nice on a Sunday evening. I arrived in a crapy Travelodge (why do I book this cheap crap) with a bad headache and went to bed.

It seems for some reason I booked a twin room and not a double. The quilt is so small it barely covers me.

Had a nice long walk to the University after I got given shit directions from the receptionist in the Travelodge. Got there in time but knackered.


Venue and delegates OK but a pain not having a bottle of water in the room (quite strict on Health & Safety).

Left the University to walk back to the Travelodge and thought I would try to find my own route back without the aide of a map, directions or knowledge. After about an hour of walking round in circles I got a cab who took me the Travelodge. Still York is very nice.


I would come back with my wife for a nice relaxing weekend if it was 4hrs nearer.

There are loads of nice restaurants here but settled on the Karachi Restaurant. My god what a meal but the size of the Naan Bread.


I tried my best but felt like a failure.


I wish I was here for a few more night but driving back tomorrow.

Just heard that Claudia Winkleman is the new presenter of Film 2010. I like Claudia Winkleman as much as the next hetrosexual man and would love to see here do a programme about hot tubs and lingerie but Film 2010. There are loads of people who already review films within the BBC and who should have been given a chance on a bigger stage.

2 comments:

  1. Slowly and surely they are killing off the BBC. They've already got Fern Cotton lined up for The Sky At Night for when Patrick Moore pops his clogs and the replacement for David Attenborough, well they're deciding between Davina McCall or Patrick Kielty. One of them had a dog once so they know what they're talking about.

    I've also heard that the BBC is worried about Newsnight now that the election is on the way, so they're going to replace Paxman with Dermot O'Leary. All hail Mark Thompson, Lord Dummington of Chavtown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must send you a link to a sketch on Richard Bacon's radio 6 show, very funny, think he might have got himself in trouble with the bosses.

    ReplyDelete