Saturday 6 March 2010

Day 69 & 70 (06 & 07/03/10)

Nice breakfast, muffins and poached eggs. I might get some of those special cups to make poached eggs as when I try to do it like the chefs on the telly they never come out as nice.

Loads to do (again, oh for a day off) and then off up north again tomorrow. This is me just keeping up to date with some databases I use, which is good, but they always hold these refresher days in Liverpool or Manchester, which is bad.

I have been so busy lately that I realised I haven't played chess on my computer for weeks.

Hopefully when I'm back down south on Tuesday, my cold will be better and I will go out on my bike.

Update - Sun 22:30 - There was a time when a drive to Manchester was a long thing, now its 1/2 hour shorter than my normally monthly trip up north. It would have been shorter if the whole of the M6 was being dug up.

During the journey I was able to relax and think. Unfortunately I thought about the 5 emails aI had meant to send before I left. Damn.

2 comments:

  1. I always do poached eggs by dropping an egg in a small amount of boiling water. We recently got a couple of special egg poachers and I found them totally unusable. It's so much easier to do it without. So what if it doesn't look perfect the way the TV chefs do it. And stop all this driving and start using the train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add a little bit of vinegar and then stir the water to help the egg bind together when it's dropped in but it's still messy but poached eggs are worth it.

    ReplyDelete