Thursday 18 March 2010

Day 81 (18/03/10)

My wife woke me up at 8.30 this morning by saying "I thought you were up" which I clearly wasn't, I was still asleep.

Within 5 minutes I was ready and was giving Thomas money for lunch. He has pocket money that includes an allowance for school dinners but he never has any change, so always gets more money every morning. Even when the schools are on holiday he still gets the same pocket money, with the added bit for school dinners. It's like an episode of Hustle. If it wasn't for the fact that its me that's being mugged I would feel proud at the way he is able to get round people with his nice manner. He should have been royalty, he never pays for anything.

My wife is taking Kelly to a college open day in Salisbury and was leaving at nearly the same time. She said something about not having money for lunch and asked me if I had any. I only had £15 in my wallet which I handed over.

So in 5 minutes I had gone from nicely asleep under a warm quilt to having been mugged twice by my own family.

This is why there should be a married mans tax allowance, so I would actually have something for myself. They should call it the "poor sod allowance" as I am sure those unmarried folks without kids, who in my mind are out having fun, just look at us and go "poor sod".

They could give it out in vouchers, that can only be spent by middle-aged men who looked like their best years are behind them and that are just abused as taxi drivers and cash machines. We know that look. I see that look whenever I look in the mirror.

And that finishes "Thought For The Day" now work.

Update - 16:30 - I can't believe I have worked non stop all day but have not actually done any work that has earnt any money yet. I have booked all my hotel rooms for my courses, sent out loads of emails and some quotes and done other things and now its 4.30pm and I haven't actually earnt any money yet.

Hopefully I will get at least two reports done now as I am in London tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. find here Free Vouchers, Voucher Codes, Discount Coupons, Promotional Codes and Gift Cards.and earn money in free .
    Thanks

    vouchers

    http://www.voucherz.org
    'very interesting post'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange to think other people are reading this, though I think the humor may have been lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nothing, I've been working hard for the last 10 years and haven't earned a penny. You've got a lot to learn about not earning a living brother. Got to go now the bailiffs have arrived.

    ReplyDelete