Wednesday 17 March 2010

Day 80 (17/03/10)

I think the local farmers have started muck spreading, it stinks out there today. The joys of the countryside.

Getting on top of work, have a least of about 19 things that need doing and 5 reports to complete.

Postman delivered the wrong mail again yesterday, idiot.

Today I delivered the mail to the other house and spoke with them. Apparently the young idiot postman got the job as his dad works in the sorting office. So presumably that's two family members that can't read.

I wonder if the post office have signed up for gift aid as a tax benefit as surely employing these two idiots is an act of charity.

Update - 13:45 - Been to the cinema and got Kelly 4 tickets for her and her friends to see Alice In Wonderland in 3D. Nothing on we want to see so I guess I am taking the wife out for a meal tonight. Now should it be Subway or KFC as I like the choice of fillings at Subway but I like the Chicken selection at KFC, there's only one way decide,...........Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update - 22:00 - Well we went to the Worlds End, a pub that does nice food, plus we had a voucher for a free bottle of wine.

I went for the Steak


The wife went for the fish pie.


All very nice.

Lots of press about the "Legal High" drugs that may have contributed to two deaths. The deaths are very sad as are the deaths of anyone; however these kids had been drinking and taking a mixture of drugs, so the alcohol may have contributed to the deaths but no-one is calling on the government to ban alcohol.

Grow up everyone, making things illegal doesn't work, think about prohibition in America. Regulate the industry, so you know what is in your product, plus you can charge tax, just like with alcohol and cigarettes, which are the two biggest killers.

Anyway time to get off my soap box and have a cup of tea.

3 comments:

  1. I think someone has been watching too much TV instead of working.....mind you, I know EXACTLY what you are referring to ( oops ) and it would be interesting to see who wins.

    This reminds me of the recent tv ad with a Jalapeno Pepper ( ooh mama, too hot, too spicy / hot hot...!! ). Michael made a comment about how it would look on the fella's C.V......

    ...What experience do you have?...
    ...I was a very large Jalapeno Pepper.


    Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Thomas try to out-do each other with hot and spicy food, but I never lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped eating steak for ages until a little while ago, now I seem to crave it all the time. MEAT! Jonesey usually has a veggie thing when I just have to give in to the meat cravings. Now I'm thinking about it again. Mmm, meat.

    ReplyDelete