Saturday 13 March 2010

Day 76 & 77 (13 & 14/03/10)

The weekend is here but no days off as I have about 12 reports that need doing so I can get my work up to date.

But first breakfast and I feel another poached egg session coming on, especially as Sam had given me some of her eggs (well not hers, that would be IVF but I can't remember the chickens name).


I still haven't bought any special equipment so still following Jamie's advice with the saucepan (I'm not a Nigella man).


Then on to some nice crumpets.


Dropped Kelly off at work and had to get my wife some stuff for Mothers Day. She had got my mum something but hadn't bought anything for her self, how thoughtless. Luckily Tescos does everything and you can park.


I know a Rhoid Gilbert comedy dvd doesn't seem like an ideal Mothers Day gift but she bought me Slum Dog Millionaire for Fathers Day so I'm just getting my own back.

Anyway Thomas has just heard back from a local exhibition that he entered that three of his photographs have been selected and are now on public display. I fell a visit to see them, followed by a curry to congratulate him.

Update - Sat 23:00 - Went with Thomas to see the exhibition, very pleased for him, having 3 out of the 10 photographs chosen.


Nearly got 3 reports done today, wish I had done more but its a start. Must get at least another two done tomorrow.

Update - Sun 19:30 - Made a nice dinner for mothers day. Starters were baked halloumi with figs on a rocket salad with balsamic vinegar, which was inspired by our visit to the Globe in Milverton. Very nice.


Then we had pan fried herring (fillets) for the main course. I also did a lemon & dill sauce (well that was out of a packet).


Thomas had a tuna steak and Kelly had something vegi in a filo pastry.

Not got much work done, possibly due to the bottle of bucks fizz and then rose cava that we had with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment