Monday 1 March 2010

Day 64 (01/03/10)

Busy preparing for going up north for a few days to do a course.

I have now finished off a whole pack of paper (500 sheets) and my printer is running fine. I've not had to change any cartridges yet, which I usually have to do when doing the course handouts etc.

It feels like I haven't been out on my bike for ages, so I will make sure I do on Thursday, with an extra long cycle if I can manage it.

Why do Royal Mail employ postmen that can't read. Every week I get post for houses in nearby streets and today I got post that had been delivered to someone else and then re-sent to me, so it took two weeks to get here. I phoned the local sorting office to complain and when I explained why the man asked where I lived, then laughed and said "well that's not a bloody surprise we have load of complaints about him, he's useless".

I think it might be kinder to just put the postman down, it will save us all a lot of trouble.

Update - 23:30 - Now up north, it took forever, its like the whole of the M6 has roadworks and average speed cameras. I only saw one group of workman, so it seems a bit stupid to slow down for the safety of a workforce that isn't in the carriageway but probably already in the pub.

So I'm sat in my very cheap and basic travelodge and have had 4 cups of tea already. Must try and do a report before going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Average Speed Cameras, I flipin' hate them! Ordinary speed cameras are bad enough but these things are a real pain. I think we should find out who invented them and strap him to the front of an Eddie Stobart jugganaut for a day. Does that sound a bit harsh? No, I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad I put those false number plates on.

    ReplyDelete