Tuesday 9 March 2010

Day 72 (09/03/10)

Work, work, work, work, then work. Oh for those days when I could go out on my bike, play a game of chess and watch the i-player (not all at the same time) then just work of an evening.

I do have a few fun things this week. We (me and the wife out on our "Wednesday Us Time")are going to see Alice In Wonderland in 3D on Orange Wednesday. Then Thursday I am seeing Dave Gorman (not with my wife).

I wrote a letter for Thomas's last night explaining that no he wasn't staying for a detention after school as I thought the incident (don't ask) was open to interpretation and that Thomas had already asked the Headmaster to review it. Whilst writing the letter the wife pointed out the teacher I was writing to was in fact an English Teacher and she had to correct holf a dizzen spilling mistokes.

I toyed with the idea of making a load of mistakes on purpose but thought the joke might be lost on the humourless git.

Now work.

Update - 16:15 - Oh what tossers they are at that school. Now a teacher has taken Thomas's mobile phone from him and is keeping it until Friday. I contacted the school and said you have 10 minutes to return it or I will report the teacher as having stolen it. Guess what, the silly people didn't take me seriously, so I have now reported the phone stolen and am expecting the police within the hour.

I traced the teachers home address and told the school I had now reported the matter to the police and said I knew where the thief lived, which they took that as a threat.

I guess that another teacher I can't see on parents night.

Why can't people just let me live in peace, don't they know I have a load of work that needs doing.

Update - 17:15 - Well I now have the phone back and have managed to upset the school and the local police. What a busy day.

I spoke to the lady in the police control room who was telling me the law. I asked what her law qualification was to which she replied "I've been working her day in day out for three years, I know what theft is"

After she said the 3 year comment I just had a vision of top trumps in my mind, so said "look if we were playing knowledge of the law and police experience top trumps I would beat you love" Oh so patronising but oh so funny, but she didn't laugh.

Went to the school to ask for my phone back and ended up having a meeting with the Headmaster. I said contempt and hate are strong words but fit my feelings for the school.

It was funny that during the meeting my phone went off with a very loud ring tone featuring Dizzee Rascal and Lily Allen singing a Bugsy Malone track. I had to smile.

Please let life at college be quieter for Thomas.

4 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you won't be too upset when Thomas leaves school this summer then ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall be glad, apart from the fact we will have to get up early so he can catch an expensive train to Bristol, which we no doubt will be paying for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, what a day.

    So you wanna be a gangster ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey, what are you like? Actually, we are so similar, when we get a bee in our repsective bonnets it's out with the fly spray, shooting in all directions! What a strange metaphore, anyway I think you get my point. You have to fight the good fight. I do know where you are coming from. The focus of my current fury is the obscene decision to axe 6 Music. That was until I made the mistake of watching Horizon tonight...now you've got me started again!

    ReplyDelete