Monday 7 June 2010

Day 162 (07/06/2010)

How silly is the world we live in.

My wife works in a supermarket and has done the same thing for the same company for about 13 years. She has now been told that she has 10 days to produce her British Passport to prove her entitlement to work or she will be suspended without pay.

She has always paid her national insurance and is clearly from the West Country so isn't it all a bit pointless.

It will be funny if I have to take a British Nationality test as I wouldn't pass. I have no understand or knowledge of British history as we concentrated on America (the great depression), Russia (the start of Communism) and Germany (the start of fascism). However I can see so many similarities with today in the UK. It is very sad. Plus my views on royalty probably would go down to well.

Update - 17:30 - Back up north in the crapy Travelodge. Its the last one I have booked so probably wont be back here.

When I left home it was quite nice, got here wearing t-shirt and shorts and it was pouring down.

Work to do before my curry.

Update - 20:30 - They have changed the menu slightly and done away with the Beef Madras and that was my favourite. Went for a Chicken Tikka Masala which was over done in the microwave.


Went for the Chocolate Cookie Bash Ice Cream Cake which sounds nicer than it tasted.

Looking forward to staying somewhere else next time.

3 comments:

  1. It's health and safety gone mad. In the old days you used to be able to send women down mines and children up chimneys. What is the world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Neil. What with broken camera screens, road rage, the possiblilty of being married to an illegal alien and now this.... you don't seem to be having much luck just lately.

    Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete