Wednesday 16 June 2010

Day 171 (16/06/2010)

Its a hot day again today, almost like being in country with descent weather. No doubt it will rain by the weekend or there will be a hose pipe ban.

Well its Wednesday so hopefully there is something good on at the cinema then it can be an Orange Wednesday.

Slowly getting thru my work and even did some for a charity but I don't like to talk about my charity ;-)

The lady doing my accounts yesterday asked if all of the computers I bought last year were for work. Silly question, of course I needed all of those laptops.

Thought yesterday, am I a bad parent or just a bad person?.

I only asked this because the other day I answered the door to two police officers, including a D.S from the CID, so I knew it was serious. My initial thought was F**K what have I done lately that I need to talk my way out of, so when they asked for one of the kids I was instantly relieved. Does that make me bad?

It took a few seconds before I then thought "oh no what have you got yourself involved in now"

Can't really explain but the kid in question is in the clear (thank god) but was nearby when something happened the other night but was so busy on their mobile phone they missed it all and did not know what the police were talking about.

I know some people complain that I always take my kids side in any argument and am just like the parents of kids I used to deal with in a previous working life but I hope I have the sort of relationship with my kids where if they do get involved in something they will tell me. They have previously explained getting stopped by the local police, including on one occasion last August being stopped for truancy by a pair of PCSO's or as I like to call them Tossers. Think about it August and Truancy, not an easy thing to do seeing as all the teachers are away.

So now to work, with you all wondering what the police were asking about as it never made the news.

Update - 07:45 - The hedgeman (the man who cuts our hedge) was coming round today for our yearly tidy up. Its only 7:45 and he's here already with the worlds loudest hedge trimmers. If I wasn't up already I would being calling him and whoever he was working for a complete W****R for starting work so early. My neighbours are going to hate me even more. I will have to point out that technically my wife spoke to him to arrange this (but he was supposed to be here after 8am) and not me.

Update - 22:00 - Went to see Killers with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl, no I hadn't heard of her either and only knew him from twitter. It was quite funny and was nice to have a few hours away together but its not going to win any Oscars.

Slowly getting up to date with all my work, it will be nice to be back to normal and I might even get to go back on my bike soon. I did pop into the gym today on the way back from the cinema but apparently you have to make an appointment with a member of sales to be shown around. Sounds a bit fancy, probably wont want me turning up.

1 comment:

  1. I see you got your hedge man in to perform one of the works of the maestro. Good to see he turned up at an appropriate time. Herr Hummings would be pleased.

    For more about the great man's works go to http://mercurygeminiapollo.blogspot.com/2010/06/avantgarde-hummings.html

    ReplyDelete