Tuesday 15 January 2013

Day 1116 (15/01/2013)

Woke up this morning to a deep frost on the car.


We didn't have any snow although other parts of Taunton did, "Winter Draws On" as they say.

This morning I went to the new £8.25 million Heritage Centre to go through some old copies of the local regional newspaper as I need a copy of an article for my course.


I had gone to the library yesterday to see them but was told they used to have them but that they had now all been moved to the new Heritage Centre, which I could only go to if I made an appointment. I phoned the Heritage Centre explained what I wanted and made the appointment.

So what joy when I went there this morning only to be told that they don't have that newspaper and I would need to go to Bristol to see it.

Apparently my over-confident nature when making the appointment made them think that they did have the newspaper, even though they knew they didn't. I did say my over-confident nature may have been due to the fact that the library told me that they used to have it but it had been moved there.

Oh well, luckily I'm a patient & tolerant man, as otherwise I would have written in their visitors book that it was crap and ripped up the membership card & thrown it on the desk as I left.  

Years ago we used to buy the kids Easter eggs that came with egg cups or mugs, how things change over the years.






No comments:

Post a Comment