Sunday 13 January 2013

Day 1113 & 1114 (12 & 13/01/2013)

I drove Kelly to some training day she was attending in Taunton in the morning in her somewhat dirty car, as I thought I would put it through a car wash for her (despite the fact that it had rained non stop for over 24hrs the car was still quite dirty). The car wash I normally use uses "tri-coloured soaps & bubble gum scented rinse".



Well today it was the most bubble gum scented it has ever been and immediately I was thinking "Bazooka Joe's" in a 1970's flash back.



I'm not a real fan of bubble gum, partly due to never really being able to blow any bubbles with it. It was one of the many things that did attract me to my wife, as being much more inner city than me she was able to blow these bubble gum bubbles with (near) ease.

In no way am I turning into Victor Meldrew (that probably happened about 20yrs ago) but packaging on stuff really annoys me.


My new toothpaste (bought for me by my wife as I have developed a bit of a sensitive tooth or two) was in a sealed box with a secure cap on. That's fine, so why do they then feel the need to put a plastic seal onto the end of the toothpaste, which needs to be cut off with a knife.

I'm in the bathroom getting ready for bed (or getting up from being in bed) and the bathroom does not have many sharp bladed instruments in it as its a bathroom and not a kitchen. Why am I not carrying my multi-tool with me just in case of these type of emergencies, what a fool.

So once again I have to use the other tooth paste, not meant for sensitive teeth. I've had this tooth paste for a week now and can never get into it.

This morning I thought I would mention it in my blog, so killing two birds with one stone I brought it into my office to take a photograph of it and used my multi-tool to cut off the top. Now I must remember to take it back into the bathroom.

"I Don't Believe It" now having wrote this and handled the toothpaste again I see that there is an area on the cap you are supposed to use to twist this plastic seal off, but how am I supposed to know this, who reads the instructions for a tube of toothpaste.




No comments:

Post a Comment