Tuesday 22 January 2013

Day 1123 (22/01/2013)

The snow is really coming down now and starting to settle or as I say stick (the photo doesn't show it but trust me there is lots of snow coming down).


It was not until we had been married for about 10 years did I hear my wife refer to snow settling or sticking as pitching. I presume this is a Bristol term as I've never heard anyone else say pitching when clearly the snow is sticking.

They still haven't cancelled the event in East Anglia so I have got my entrenching tool out of the garden shed to put in my car just in case.   


If things are really bad I might make a snow hole rather than walking for it, as I have seen Ray Mears make one and I think I could knock one up in less than an hour. I shall also be taking a blanket, a small flask and some food just in case but I don;'t think I will bother if it gets that bad.

Quick update, in the 15 minutes since I took the top photo and started writing this the snow has definitely got worse.


I might take a camping stove and my Jamie 15 minute meal book just in case.




No comments:

Post a Comment