Sunday 7 October 2012

Day 1015 (06/10/2012)

So yesterday (Friday) my wife drove me on my mystery weekend. I was slightly concerned when we came off of the M4 at Slough but we stayed in Maidenhead at The Thames Rivera, which was quite a nice hotel on the side of the Thames. Our room over looked the Maidenhead Rowing Club and we were able to watch them all going out rowing.


I thought we were just staying at the Hotel for dinner and was looking forward to a few Tapas but we went out for a late sitting to The Hand & Flowers, a 2 Micheline Star restaurant in Marlow run by Tom Kerridge, one of my favourite chefs. It was very dark and we didn't want to use the flash for the photo's but believe the food was unbelievable, checkout the menu of the website but basically we had some white bait which came with the bread before your starters.




I had the Crispy Pigs Head starter, which was the porkiest pork I have ever eaten, whilst my wife had the Scallops.




Then I had the Venison and my wife had the Hake.



The afters was unreal and was really special as they had written in chocolate "Happy Anniversary" for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment