Sunday 7 October 2012

Day 1016 (07/10/2012)

So yesterday (Saturday) we had a nice breakfast at the hotel.


Then we went to Cliveden House a National Trust property which is also an expensive hotel but had a bit of a detour as we had a flat tyre. We had a lovely walk around the grounds before going back to the hotel to get ready for my next treat.




Apparently my wife couldn't get us into The Fat Duck as there is a really long waiting list and we didn't know we were going away for the weekend until only a few weeks ago. But Heston Blumenthal also has a pub, The Hinds Head opposite The Fat Duck, which is just the best pub food in the world. Again they did a Happy Anniversary card for us and we started with a glass of Champagne.  



 

I had the Ham Hock and Foie Gras Terrine with Piccalilli and my wife had the Soused Mackerel with Cucumber, Pickled Lemon and Horseradish.



Then I had Pure Bred Hereford 10oz Ribeye, Bone Marrow Sauce and Triple Cooked Chips whilst my wife had Fish Pie with ‘Sand & Sea’.




Then I had the Chocolate Wine ‘Slush’ with Millionaire Shortbread and my wife had Lemon Scented Quaking Pudding, Citrus Sorbet, which was like warm Horlicks Pannacotta, unreal and lovely.



Then we shared the cheese board with a glass of port each.


On Sunday after recovering from the night before we went to Grays Court, another National Trust property.  


Then home to normal life.



No comments:

Post a Comment