Saturday 24 September 2011

Day 636 (23/09/2011)

So my day was basically getting up and catching a bus to Heathrow, where I was like some country bumpkin walking around the big city for the first time, its massive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Saw this great sign.


There is a Gordon Ramsey restaurant here, so I thought it rude not to try the breakfast, which was quite nice but at £16 not something you would do every day.


Then on to the plane. It was going to be a long flight so I was wearing shorts & a t-shirt (plus it was easier to go through security as I had no metal on me and clearly wasn't hiding much).


I was flying premium economy, which is a bit more expensive but gives you a bigger more comfortable seats and better food & entertainment. I took my seat and was asked by the French male steward if I wanted a "Dili Meal". I thought it was a bit early to be offered food so I thought I would check and he now offered me what I took to be a "Deli Meal". In a scene reminiscent of "Allo Allo" I eventual realized he was offering me a "Daily Mail" I said "A Daily Mail, Good God No Way" He replied that he didn't like the paper either.

I think the steward to a shine to me as before we took off he told me I could move to a row of 4 empty seats and I did seem to get lots of extra drinks but no we didn't exchange numbers.





Apart from the food I watched a few films, Arthur 2011, Source Code, Senna and Paul, so 10hrs flew by (literally).

The drive to the hotel from LAX took ages as it was during rush hour. The hotel is OK, the Americans do basic so well, the room is massive and you could sleep sideways in the bed.


I was going to go out for food but after relaxing on the bed for a while I changed my mind and opted for an early night, well its 8hrs behind so its actually early in the morning in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment