Saturday 24 September 2011

Day 637 (24/09/2011)

After a nights sleep I am awake early, checking a few emails & twitter. Now time for a shower & breakfast then to wonder into town.

Update - 19:30 - Went for breakfast and they have a make your own waffle machine.



It might not of been healthy but it was very nice.

I went out for a walk to explore the local area but after an hour or so I decided that quite frankly this is a run down area. It think it was possibly the first time that some of the people driving past had seen someone walking along the footpath. In fact the pedestrian crossing didn't even leave you long enough to cross the roads before signalling the cars to move off.  

I came back to the hotel and had a quick look online and grabbed a taxi to the other side of town to a large sopping complex which had of restaurants and a large cinema.


The cinema was huge with about 20 screens. I ordered a small popcorn (I don't think they sell many of those) but it was salty. There was a nearby machine to put golden flavoring on the popcorn, so obviously I used this but it turned out to be liquid butter.


So I put the popcorn in the bin and watched the film in total comfort. Not only were the seats a nice big size but they lent back to make watching the film a lot more comfortable. What a good idea.  

I then went to a bar & grill, where I had a beer and nachos for starters. It was very nice but somewhat larger than I had anticipated. If it was a starter it was mean for a family.


Within about 2 minutes of getting my starter my cheese burger arrived. They clearly don't bother with individual courses or knives & forks.


I obviously didn't eat it all, I'm not that much of a pig.

So after a fairly full day I came back to the hotel room early evening as I was quite tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment