Tuesday 27 September 2011

Day 640 (27/09/2011)

I think I am currently on the atkins diet, as the basic meals over here seem to be MEAT.


I went for the BBQ Chicken & Pulled Pork (which is slow cooked and shredded), which was lovely, as were all the side orders. The white sweet corn was a new and lovely experience.

We stayed for afters and I went for Cheese Cake.


The photo doesn't do this justice, that's a very large fork. Basically this was a family cheese cake. Even though I love cheese cake and am a pig I didn't & couldn't eat it all. When the waiter came back and collected the plates I told him rather than a doggy bag could he just post it to my family.

We then went for a drink, well I had two and everyone else had several. We ended up in a bar run by a giant ex-policeman who as telling us stories about life as a plain clothes policeman dealing with gangs in LA. It was like a cross between L.A. Confidential, The Wire and The Shield. Slightly scary and made my stories of life in the UK seem like an episode of Miss Marple.

Doing the course again today, which was easier without a hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment