Monday 4 October 2010

Day 281 (04/10/2010)

On a train going to London at a time when I should still be asleep in bed. I might as well have a proper job if I am going to do this.

Annoyingly I have brought the wrong pair of headphones for my phone, so I can't even listen to my music. That will teach me to borrow my wife's, instead of going and getting mine from the car.

Tomorrow I can have a lie-in and still take Mr Pix to the train station.

Also the underground staff are on strike today, so I'm going to have to catch a bus across London to an area I don't know. You swines, get back to work

Update - 12:45 - My meeting was fairly short due to strikes. Rather than sitting around for the next 4 hrs at Paddington until my train I bought another ticket. It's been an expensive day but the meeting was very interesting.

Update - 20:00 - Nicely relaxing at home but a few things I saw today;



You probably don't realise that the above is a photograph of the comedian Tim Vine. OK so it's not the best photograph ever taken and clearly not up to Mr Pix standard but by the time I had got my phone out and turned the camera on he had walked some way off but it is him. You can see his back on the left of the photograph, honestly.

Update - 22:30 - Just heard that Norman Wisdom has died. A great comedian who made some great films, he should be considered up there with Chaplin. He did a special Sunday Night at the London Palladium with Bruce Forsyth, which happened during a strike, so it was just the two of them. It was way before my time but I have seen it several times and shows that both are true great talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment