Saturday 23 October 2010

Day 300 & 301 (23 & 24/10/2010)

Early morning. I got to the train station but the cash machine was broken, so I had to pop into town to get some cash so I could get a cup of tea and a croissant. By the time I got back to the station it was packed and I couldn't even get into the cafe to get a cup of tea.

The queue eventually died down just as the train arrived. Who would of thought that there were that many Spurs fans in Taunton. I couldn't leave my seat for fear of loosing it, so couldn't go to the buffet car. Plus I couldn't do any work as I didn't have a table. I didn't have a book or my headphones. I tried to sleep but woke up when I started snoring. Ended up having an interesting (not really) talk about complementary medicine with a pensioner from Devon. Next time I'm definitely taking headphones, even if I don't plug them in. How much is First Class, it might be worth it.

Luckily the underground wasn't on strike but the line I needed was closed for maintenance. Oh thank you, You Bastards. London Black Cabs are great, not cheap but great.

Went to a lecture by some impressive guy from America, which only confirmed to me how good I am.

On the way back popped in for a Yo Sushi.

I needed the wine.

Home, at last.

Update - Sun 20:00 - My laptop has got sick and has had to go to the computer doctors, I miss him. I will have to take the netbook away with me to do my blog but wont be able to do the new websites and powerpoints on it as its too fiddly.

Made my best ever roast potatoes today.

Still have two reports to do before I go away but had a few glasses of Pimms with dinner so had to have a bit of a snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment