Monday 2 March 2015

Day 1891 (02/03/2015)

Thankfully I woke up in time, probably due to my body not realising that it was 5am. And do you know Australian actually do say "G'Day" but no cork hats or kangaroos seen yet.

I checked-in and was once again lucky to be randomly selected for extra security screening. I laughed with the man doing it that is was depression to look to old for a drugs search but dodgy enough for an explosives check. Anyway thankfully it's was negative.

I then grabbed some very nice roasted banana bread and a cup of tea then got on a slightly smaller plane than yesterday. I watched nearly a whole Emma Thompson film and had a yogurt with fruit for the in-flight breakfast.


Arrived in a Adelaide at about 7:50am and took a taxi to the conference centre / hotel. One of the first shops I past in the taxi was the "booby trap" a shop which proudly announced it had 200,000 bras, how subtle. And actually while I think about it I noticed that at both Melbourne & Adelaide airports they had a branch of Victoria Secrets.


Could it be that Australian men are obsessed with women in sexy underwear. I'm thinking I may fit in with these unsubtle sex obsessed Kylie's loving people. I wonder if they like curry & 1980's music.

Anyway back to the conference centre / hotel although I was really early they let me book in to my room and so I could relax, with a nice view towards the Adelaide Oval.




I had breakfast and then wondered around Adelaide for a few hours, where they are currently having their Fringe Arts & Comedy Festival, so had a few street performers doing their bit.


I went back to my room for a quick snooze, aiming to wake up for dinner but never quite made it, waking around 11pm then at about 3am.


No comments:

Post a Comment