Monday 2 March 2015

Day 1889 (28/02/2015)

An early & cool start to the day, with another 2:20am coach from Taunton to London.



It's hard to believe that it was actually -5 at this time the other week when I was setting off to Abu Dhabi.

I got the Heathrow early, had a sleep and saw Richard Bacon at check-in when I woke up.


I looked for Gordon Ramsey's Resturante but they didn't have one at Terminal 3 so I had to hunt out another restaurant for breakfast, which was nice but no posh toilets.


Then whilst waiting to board I saw Linda Barker from Make Over, for my second and finally celebrity spot of the day.

Then aboard the plane I managed to get an OK seat in economy on the top deck but had to walk past business class to get to my seat. I put my tubular bandages on to help with the DVT and then sat down to watch a few films and eat & drink.
 



I watched Philomena, which was very sad as although I knew about the film but didn't know the end.


Luckily the plane had a few free seats & I got directed to a row which had loads of leg room. I was supposed to move back to my own seat later for landing but stayed for the whole flight.

I watched Captain Phillips, whilst eating a nice salmon dish.


Then had a hot chocolate with marshmallows & a kitkat.


Then another film, a snooze and a slice of pizza.


Then we landed at Dubai for 90 minutes. Strange that I have avoided the Middle East over the last few years but have now been in the United Arab Emirates twice in two months, admittedly this visit was only to the airport but did involve two security checks and a long walk both pointless.






No comments:

Post a Comment