Saturday 7 March 2015

Day 1892 (03/03/2015)

I woke early had breakfast and went to the conference to introduce myself & pick up some freebies.


It was quite handy as this included a Little rucksack, which I had thought about buying to save filling the pockets of my shorts with things when I went out for a walk.

I changed at the hotel and went out first of all visiting the Adelaide Writers Area, which was part of the fringe.



I listened to a couple of interesting discussions with authors, one an aboriginal poet, then one about sexual politics with a lady from Haiti and a Doctor who had fled Iran.

It was quite interesting and reminded me that I must change my life and start writing.

Then I had a walk back along the river and got onboard a boat trip.






After that I thought I would wander into town to grab a drink and a bite to eat. It was really hot and in the end I found a bar and had a few cold lagers.


They went down easily, like lunchtime drinks always do, but it is never to be recommended.

When I got back to the hotel I fell asleep and woke just in time for the gala meal.

The food was really nice and the drink flowed like water and God how the locals could drink.






I started feeling light headed with the first drink, the lunchtime ones clearly still effecting me. I probably had a bottle of wine but stopped and drank water and tea and left by about 11, with everyone else still partying hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment