Saturday 11 October 2014

Day 1749 & 1750 (11 & 12/10/2014)

It is freezing, well it is in our house anyway.

After weeks of me suggesting we put the heating on my wife has now relented as it is October and it's so cold but as we haven't had the heating on since around March the boiler needs filling up a bit; however it's a new boiler and I can't remember how to do it and now that it is October the plumbers are busy and can't fit us in until the end of October.

Last night I sat watching the telly, with in addition to my usual t-shirt & shorts, a pair of socks and a blanket wrapped around me.

I think it is warmer outside.

Time to finish the outstanding work this weekend and to tidy the garden for the winter, so not exactly a relaxing weekend.

I went to the gym in the late afternoon but the pool was closed, so I just went to the gym.

Then for dinner it was fiery chilli beans on toast (and they were).


After a few days without heating, on Sunday I found a video on-line on how to top-up the boiler, so after squeezing into the garage I was able to top-up the boiler and then instant heat and happiness.

Also a nice dinner, with pork chops and lots of veg and a lovely bottle of Rosé.


Back on the beans on toast tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment