Monday 30 July 2018

Day 3134 (30/07/2018)

Back to work.

The other week when I was leaving Cardiff I knew I would get a ticket for going in a bus lane, so after getting the ticket in the post I sent of my excuse.


"I have received your PCN, which I was slightly expecting, given the events of that day. I had been attending a conference at the Park Plaza Hotel and had parked in the NCP opposite and was on my way back to Somerset using my satnav, which was directing the way I had come, along so down Greyfriars Road, turning right into Kingsway and then left onto the Boulevard De Nantes and then right on to the North Road and out of Cardiff.

As I went up Greyfriars Road to turn right on to Kingsway, the road was blocked with three Mega Busses (possibly two going in the same direction as I wanted to go and one coming the other way), which are just visible in the background of the third of your photographs. I was unsure if they were parked or one or two had broken down and the other was a replacement. Traffic was waiting to pass in either direction.

In from of me were two vehicles. At the front waiting to turn right into Kingsway, was I believe a grey coloured Ford Transit type vehicle, which had tried to drive alongside the first Mega Bus but had become somewhat trapped between the Mega Bus and the silver metal bollards separating the road from the foot path. This meant that no traffic would be able to go along this section of the Kingsway.

In-between me and the transit type vehicle was possible a disabled driver in a people carrier type vehicle, who given that the road was now blocked, was trying to do a three point turn at this junction and go back down Greyfriars Road but she appeared to have got into difficulty due to the transit still overhanging the junction.

I had been sat at the junction for around 3 or 4 minutes, waiting these vehicles to clear, so I could either go down Kingway on the desired route to North Road or to be able to turn around safely and go back down Greyfriars Road, when I became aware of a local Cardiff bus behind me, who could not progress as I was essentially blocking there way.

After another minute or two I think the bus flashed its lights, indicating that it wanted me to move out of its way. The disabled drive was still trying to manoeuvre for a three point turn, so I was left either carrying on to block the bus or to drive forward, which is what I did, to allow your buss to move on.

If your bus hadn’t been pushing me out of its way I wouldn’t have entered the bus lane, I would have waited until the disabled lady had complete her manoeuvre and done similar to go back down Greyfriars, as that was basically still in the same direction as I wanted to go.

If you don’t agree with this Formal Representation then I am happy to take it further on appeal and plead my case in front of an adjudicator. If that is to occur, then please take this as a request under the DPA GDPR to retain and supply to me the Council CCTV & Parking Enforcement Video & on-board video from your bus which was behind me, showing all relevant information of my vehicle, which will confirm what I have said."

Fingers crossed they agree and I don't have to pay the money.

Had a very interesting meeting in the afternoon, which might be something I concentrate on for the next few years.

Had a nice salad in the evening, with backed halloumi, figs, rocket and balsamic vinegar, one of our favourites :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment