Wednesday 26 October 2016

Day 2480 (12/10/2016)

Surprisingly the breakfast was quite nice at the hotel and I bumped into a few people I knew. They wanted everyone present during the opening of the conference so I had to sit thru some uninteresting (for me) talks. I know I am fortunate enough to be invited to speak at these things but rarely am I interested in anyone else's topics.

 

Saying that there was one which was quite good and like a scene from Homeland as a Canadian lady went thru a job where they had identified some ISIS people who were then taken out in a drone strike.

I was speaking after lunch, so I made sure my presentation was OK but after connecting to their projector it thru my laptop out of kilter, so I had to restart it, which meant I was late starting but kept everyone entertained with a few funny stories which went down well.

My presentation was rushed but that probably helped as I just concentrated on demonstrating some techniques. It was very well received, including by some people from the FBI and Europol who sought me out to chat later.


In the evening we went out for a celebration meal at a "head to toe" restaurant. The food was OK but I ended up drinking the local schnapps, thinking it was water.





I left about 10:30pm, slightly the worse for wear. The others stayed until 3:30am.




No comments:

Post a Comment