Monday 16 June 2014

Day 1624 (08/06/2014)

The plan was to get ready and then go to bed early for a few hours before catching the flight at 6:55am but as always we were still packing at midnight and by the time we were ready for bed it was time to get up.


So off we went on a chilly morning to Bristol airport and a 2hr 45min flight to Portugal, which went quickly as we both slept for most of it. I don't think many other people on the flight managed to sleep as aparently there was someone snorting loudly but it never woke me, so it couldn't be that bad.

The flight in to Portugal was nice, seeing mile after mile over golden sand. The airport went well but it took ages to pick up the hire car and then the 50minute drive to the hotel took nearly 2hrs as we took as slight detour and didn't actually know where we were going anyway.

Every time I think I'm getting the hang of driving in Europe my wife reminds me that I'm driving on the wrong side or some nice local tries to wave me down to warn me that I'm going up the wrong lane.


When abroad I am very much like the stupid British airmen in Allo Allo.


Anyway we got to the hotel and it seems very nice. Our studio apartment is nice with a private balcony and plenty of room.

After stopping for a quick drink and a sandwich we went to stock up at the supermarket then collapsed on the bed for a few hours kip.

In the evening we drove into the town and found somewhere where we'd had some Portuguese fish stew thing.


It was very nice.

Looking forward to a relaxing week as still quite stressed.





No comments:

Post a Comment