Monday 16 June 2014

Day 1625 (09/06/2014)

After a lovely sleep & lie-in we had a nice breakfast on the balcony.


Then we spent the day relaxing by the pool.


On previous years I have always ended up getting badly sunburnt so this year my wife kept on making sure I was properly covered in factor 50 lotion. Unfortunately she may have been concentrating too much on me and neglected herself.

In the evening we went to a beach-side restaurant and had some great rose sangria.


Then I had the mixed meat kebab and my wife had the swordfish steak.


Both fantastic.

A very sad day as I heard that Rik Mayall had died. He was a true comedy great, one of the funniest people ever. I remember watching him as a kid on the telly in the 80's and saw him live in Bristol. He had so many iconic characters and it is truly sad that he has gone at such a young age.










No comments:

Post a Comment