Monday 8 July 2013

Day 1281 (29/06/2013)

Holiday - Day 1 Saturday

By about the early hours we were just about ready to go on holiday, which was handy as we had to leave by 8am to get to Bristol Airport, where we'd had a lovely bacon roll & a cup of tea.


One of the many reasons of me wishing I was slimmer is the look that you get from air stewards, who don't believe you managed to get the seat belt round you, trust me I did even if it was a struggle which left me unable to move for the whole flight.




We arrived in Gran Canaria, where even the locals were complaining about how hot it was. We then had a 25minutes drive in our little (and already battle scared) VW Polo, which was unbelievable uncomfortable to drive as the peddles were set at an angle.


I hate driving whereas my wife loves driving, but she refuses to drive abroad, on the wrong side of the road, so she makes me do it instead. When we first picked up the car I went to get into the passenger side, then when my wife sat in the passenger side she started feeling for the peddles, assuming she was driving as she was sat on the right side of the car.  Damn these foreigners and the way they try to confuse us British with their wrong sided cars.

We managed to find the hotel and were quite impressed with our apartment, very new and posh.




By the time we had unpacked it was about 6pm and we realised how thirsty & hungry we were because apart from a bottle of water and some boiled sweats on the flight, we hadn't had anything since the bacon roll at 9am.

On the way to the local supermarket opposite, to stock up on supplies, we stopped off at an Irish bar for an ice cold half of shandy, an absolute life saver.

Then to. The restaurant at the hotel which was really nice. We had a champagne sangria as a treat, which we could have drunk like lemonade apart from the cost and the effect of the alcohol.


The meal was nice, with a goats. Cheese starter,


Then a mixed kebab and a scallop dish for my wife,


 All very tasty followed by an orange panacota and a fruit pancake.



Truly a healthy day with plenty of fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment