Tuesday 23 July 2013

Day 1305 (23/07/2013)

A lovely cool start to the day after the storm last night.

I really couldn't care less about the royal baby or the royals in general, I detest them all, which funnily enough started after I became a parent.

As a parent you should tell your children that if they work hard then they can do and be whatever they want in life. Well that isn't quite true in the UK as the tops jobs are reserved for the royals (as in ultimately running the country, the military, the church etc).

I had an argument with an Irish Royalist once who wouldn't accept my side, so I pointed out that as the armed services, the politicians and the police swear an oath of allegiance to the Monarch and not the People, then Edward VIII could have dictated to them to join with the Nazi's, who would have then backed him to remain as King with the women he loved as Queen. Then any up-rising by the people against this would have been treason and been put down by an armed service that still fights for the Monarch and not the People.

He saw my point of view in the end but was still an Irish Royalist, which is very much one of the worst type or royalists.

Plus this system just continues the class system in the UK, which isn't good.

America has many faults but lets face it as George W Bush showed, even if you are the most stupid person in the country you can still have a chance at being charge.

I love the fact that the Guardian on-line newspaper has a Royalist and Republican button so you can see actual news or royal crap news.



I shall be avoiding most news over the next 20yrs or so as it will be full of "experts" predicting that the baby will have a traditional first name such as George, Henry, Charles and a more fun second name to fit with this modern fun royal couple. The names are always the same. And even I can predict that this child will go to one of the top schools and have a love of horses, polo, helicopters and ultimately will join the military but not as a real solider or pilot, after all, they all do.

If they really want to be modern, then say "our son will never be King as I will be abolishing the Monarchy when I am crowned King".

They should say we would love for our son to be a painter or a social worker, because as parents you should just want your child to be happy and to meet someone who loves them and who cares for them.

I can predict that this royal baby will ultimately be unhappy, trapped inside a system that serves no-one in a modern society.



No comments:

Post a Comment