Friday 29 March 2024

Day 5198 (26/03/2024)

It was an early start and then off to the Eurostar, which had changed a lot since my last visit, which turned out to be in April 2011, without it be much more like an airport check-in nowadays, but with less room. 



I had time for a nice bacon roll & tea. 


Then on to the train and a complementary breakfast :-)



And in no time we were in Lille, which was a bit cold. 


The even was a bit bigger than I had anticipated. 



The talk went OK, with quite a large audience but the sound system was awful and the lights far to bright and off-putting.


Then a drinks reception, with a few nibbles.



I had intended to then go out for a nice french meal but got side tracked with a few people I was chatting to and ended up in a bar, where they only had nachos. 


I managed to leave, get a taxi and get to my budget hotel, which unfortunately didn't do any food but thankfully had a vending machine so I could grab some chocolate for dinner.  








No comments:

Post a Comment