Saturday 5 May 2018

Day 3048 & 3049 (05 & 06/05/2018)

The weekend started by clearing some work in the office. After a nice breakfast and doing all of my work I spent more time in the garden, planting all the plants, including the herbs, which smelt lovely.




Definitely aiming to spend more time in the garden this summer.


In the even we had a Mexican.


Yum Yum Yum.



Sunday I did actual manual work. Firstly I made some changes to the old falling apart pot stand, which was too small to put the pots of herbs. By taking off the bits that were falling off it was now the right size to have the new pots on them. 


Much better :-)

Then there were a couple of bricks on the driveway which had been pushed up, one so much that my wife always trips over it. I thought it would be simple, just take the single brick out and scrape the sand and soil from underneath, which would be on top of the tree root and it would then sit back down better.


As soon as I lifted the brick I realised that the sand and soil had gone and it was all massive tree root or collections of roots that continued under neighbouring bricks.





It was exhausting but looked quite good by  the time I had finished.


I did some nice salmon for dinner, with new potatoes and hollandaise sauce :-)

 

Yum Yum Yum.





No comments:

Post a Comment