Saturday 17 December 2016

Day 2544 (15/12/2016)

Another busy day in the office but in the evening I went to Bristol to give a talk to The Bristol Cable, a group of independent investigative journalists.


I hadn't really checked the address beforehand, so didn't realise it was what we used to call the "front line" in the jungle. The last time I had parked a vehicle in this street was in around 1991, when I had a full firearms team with me and we were going after someone who was wanted for shooting another drug dealer. Whilst I was sat in the van I had so much stuff thrown at me that the van was rocking and was dented from front to back (pebble dashed).

It wasn't scary it was actually quite funny but when we all had to leave (I wouldn't say retreat but others might) I couldn't drive forward (the road was now blocked), so I had to reverse at speed but couldn't see behind me (it wasn't that type of van) and had lost both wing mirrors during the incident. I just put it in reverse, tried to keep the van straight and waited to hit something and was quite surprised when I didn't.

Anyway the areas has completely changed and it was fine.

On the way home there was an accident on the M5, so I had to sit in traffic for an hour.


When I got home I was able to discus my wife's latest purchase.





No comments:

Post a Comment