Sunday 15 February 2015

Day 1872 (11/02/2015)

I have been waiting for our few days away in Cornwall for several months now and was in desperate need of time away with my wife. As always we were late leaving home but we were there a few minutes after the room became available, it just meant that we had missed out on a days usage of the facilities but we weren't that fussed.


We are staying at Hustyn's a spa type time share place. We had been given 2 nights free B&B in exchange for sitting thru a hard sale meeting about the timeshare.




As well as being invited here you had to answer questions about occupation, personal life & salary to qualify. I put my wife down as working in retail sales, which is not a lie but probably not what they think it is.

We had a relax in the afternoon then a nice dinner, ham hock terrine with piccalilli for starters. Then I had steak & ale pie whilst my wife had calves liver, which was nice.




Then lemon posset and steamed pudding.



We took part in a quiz afterwards. Even with access to my phone we didn't cheat and came a very respectable third (out of nine). If I had listened to some of my wife's other guesses we may have won but she forgave me (we wouldn't have & she didn't).


Always lovely to finish of the evening with a Bailey's over ice.





No comments:

Post a Comment