Friday 23 January 2015

Day 1853 (23/01/2015)

The day started just before 2am, leaving home when it was -5 with the car already iced-up but by the time we got to the coach station it had warmed up to only -3.


Then it was on the coach and up to Heathrow, giving me the opportunity to sleep for a couple of hours on the journey.


We I got to Heathrow I had a few hours to kill but spent the time wisely by going to Gordon Ramsay's for a lovely smoked salmon & scrambled eggs.


The other reason for spending time at Gordon Ramsay's is that it means you can use their lovely toilets and I have now reached an age where I appreciate nice toilets. In fact, whilst others go away and look forward to sleeping in their own bed upon their return; for me when I've been away I often look forward to being able to sit on my own toilet.


The plane was comfortable but we were delayed for over an hour as the walkway was stuck and so we couldn't move until engineers arrived from the walkway company.

I slept on and off, in-between eating and drinking, it was chicken curry for lunch with a nice white wine.


I also watched a few films.

At Abu Dhabi there was a Gold Plated Porsche in the airport, truly the home of tasteless excess.


The hotel seems quite nice and my room is very nice.





But I was fairly tired when I arrived, so had a chicken burger delivered to my room, watched a few Richard herrings videos on YouTube then went to bed.







No comments:

Post a Comment