Friday 19 December 2014

Day 1818 (19/12/2014)

A really busy day as I replaced all the broken springs in the furniture, so hopefully our guests will be comfortable at Christmas.



This is technically manual labour and my hands are now hurting but it only took a couple of hours and probably saved me a few pounds by doing it myself.

Then I went shopping. The following is copied from my company Facebook account as I couldn't be bothered writing something fresh.


This year for Christmas rather than sending out bottles of booze to a few close clients & colleagues we instead decided to use the money to buy things for the local food bank.

I phoned them beforehand and they said that they really needed cans of meat, like tinned ham, spam and corned beef, so that's what we bought.

Whilst we are happy to help people less fortunate than ourselves it is a disgrace that there are people in this country that rely on food banks.

Our MP's should feel ashamed but I very much doubt any of them do or ever would. Tory, Labour, Lib-Dems, they are all the same and we do not support any political party but we do try to support various charitable groups and to help people when we can.

OK so the company paid and I use an accountant to make sure I only pay the tax I have to, so I am a complete hypocrite but I don't try to evade tax and it just seemed the right thing to do. Clearly its not because I am a nice guy, as I'm not, I'm the least nice person in my family but I am luckily in a position to do it.

Obviously the last paragraph wasn't on the Facebook page.

Then off to the gym, again.



No comments:

Post a Comment