Friday 22 August 2014

Day 1696 (19/08/2014)

One of the advantages of staying at the Holiday In Express is that breakfast is included, which was very nice.


But one of the disadvantages of staying at the Holiday Inn Express is that you feel you have to get up early for breakfast.

My shows didn't start until the afternoon, so I spent a few hours in the BBC area, where there were nice seats, nice toilets (very important), nice food & drink stands and free headphones to listen to the shows that were taking place in the tent. It was an easy place to see lots of celebrities walking around before and after their shows.


I thought I would have a more refined lunch, so went to the fresh pasts stall for a nice fresh & hot pasta, with wild mushrooms & rocket, with a glass of Pinot Blush.


The glass of wine may have been a mistake as I went to see Richard Herring's theatre show, "I killed Rasputin" which although very good I had trouble staying awake for. After that I went to see Christian Reilly, who is a friend of Richard Herring's and who I have seen a few times. He does a very funny music based act.


After that I went to see "Margaret Thatcher, Queen of Soho", a sort of gay transvestite cabaret bit of theatre, which I had seen a bit of on a BBC Edinburgh Review. It was a fantastic show, with the whole audience joining in and enjoying it. Slightly worrying as I knew the words to all of the songs.

Then off to see Rich Herring's show "Lord Of The Dance Settee". It was a really funny show and the best I have seen him. It is just a real shame that not many people have bought tickets as it appears he wont be back to Edinburgh next year.

Today's food, other than the pasta at lunchtime, was a fresh but quite small pizza,


and some lovely but piggy nacho's with pulled pork as it was a very late finish.


The food might not be healthy this week but it is quite tasty. To be fair although I am missing out on the gym this week I am walking quite a bit and will be starting a horrible green juice diet next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment