Tuesday 8 April 2014

Day 1564 (08/04/2014)

Sad news last night about a young mother with a sad past.

I can't say I would have recognised Peaches Geldof in a line-up or could even tell you what she did but she was too young to die and had two young children who would probably have preferred her to still be around. A story not exclusive to celebrities and sadly repaeted all too often.

Also very very sad for her father Bod Geldof, whose music I really like and who seems to have had a positive effect on the world but with all of the success he has had, he has had to deal with two deaths of people in his life that were far too young to die and that just doesn't seem right.

It does seem strange in modern society that now because of social media someone can die but appear so alive & current.


Peaches Geldof was very active on Twitter & Instagram, with both accounts still visible & now receiving messages of condolence from thousands of people around the world.

I don't know if it is better to have so many visual memories around or if it was better years ago, when a lone photograph was all most people had of a loved one.

I have fond memories of loved ones, do I need more, does it help, I just don't know. I think about people I miss on daily basis and possibly a social networking account with such personal messages, photo's & video's would be too much for me.

If my memory goes then I'm on my way out anyway and it wont matter.



No comments:

Post a Comment