Friday 14 March 2014

Day 1539 (14/03/2014)

I got a very sad email today from an old school friend who I haven't spoken to for years, to say that his mother and her new partner had died in a car accident.

His mum, Jill and her new partner Stan had become good friends of my Mum & Dad, which meant that I had to break the news to them.


I took the easy option of phoning, I know they only live 2 minutes away but over the years I must have given well over 30 death messages and to be honest since we lost Kim I am very affected by death, especially when it's so unexpected and so sudden.

I have a very good friend who I joined the police with who now refuses to go to any funerals for similar reasons.

The message in the Richard Herring show the other week, was that you should live as if you only have 3 months left to live, do the things you want to do & live for life as one day it would have been that day and you might have wasted your last three months with pointless things and just have regrets.

Life is so fragile, you never know what could happen and there are many cases when innocent people are in the wrong place at the wrong time and their lives lost in one of these pointless incidents.

I'm still going to the gym, with the aim of getting into shape and having a long fun life, so I will be fuming if I befall one of these events.



No comments:

Post a Comment