Monday 6 January 2014

Day 1472 (06/01/2014)

I fear a slightly stressful & tense day at my Nans funeral in Wales.

When you are a kid and get told you have to do things you long to be grown-up so you only have to do what you want, then when you grow up you realise that actually there are many things that you still have to do to please others and you just get a bit of wiggle room.

Oh well, lets see how it goes.

Update - 18:00 Well that didn't go too bad but we did leave straight after the service as I didn't want to stay for any more, despite the fact that there were relatives there that I would love to spend more time with. Hopefully I will see them all soon to catch up at a better place.

I am tempted to arrange my own funeral as I don't want a vicar, especially a dodgy one like today, who doesn't know me saying things that everyone knows isn't true.

I would much rather a few people who knew me speaking and saying something about me. I would be happy with someone saying that I was at times an argumentative c**t as I am, but that if I was a friend then I would always try to help out if needed and I often was and often did.

A bit like the Rich Hall joke, "a friend will come over to your house and help you move, and a good friend will help you move a body". To a few people I am a good friend, though I've never buried any bodies, and I'm the sort of person who doesn't want more than a few friends.

I will also only have Jerusalem song at my funeral, the rest of the music will be a selection mostly from the 1980's including the last few tracks from Marillion's Misplaced Childhood.





No comments:

Post a Comment