Sunday 8 December 2013

Day 1441 (06/12/2013)

Work wise I have taken the decision to concentrate on training from now on and am only keeping a few clients on my books to do trace and research work for.

A few years ago, when I was doing less training I had two main clients both of whom were sending me well in excess of £1,000 of work a month but it was killing me to do all of their work in the time they needed it. I had to let one client go, who I had been with for a number of years, so trained a lady to work in his office to replace me. He soon had to take on another lady and possible now has three in there working full time, not all replacing me but he certainly appreciated what I had done for him.

Training has really taken over and during the first three months of next year I already have over 9 courses and presentations booked in. So there was no real way I could do my main clients work during this period and to be honest I have had little free time over the last few years, working every evening and weekend trying to keep up with their demands.

If there had been a set amount of work guaranteed every month then I would have taken on staff properly but there wasn't and my my dealings with staff so far have made me convinced that my company will only ever be a one man business.

So I spoke to my client and have decided to end our relationship at the end of the year. It was all very amicable and I even gave them the details of my previous client, who with three lady's in the office, should be able to cope and was very happy when I passed the contract over. I could have sub-contracted it out and taken a cut but that would have still involved an element of me spending time checking them and dealing with invoices, this way I will have a lot more free but obviously also a big reduction in my income which I need to replace with more training courses.

I instantly felt relieved and a lot less stressed, although I did have three of their jobs to do.

Now to concentrate on training courses, trying to arrange two a month every month over the next 5 years and to start writing.





No comments:

Post a Comment