Wednesday 4 December 2013

Day 1439 (04/12/2013)

One of the people on the course was in the same police force as me but at a very different rank. When we spoke it was clear we knew a lot of the same people but we had never worked together.

This man had been a Staff Officer in the Chief Constables Office so I was quite intrigued when he said he had heard of me when he worked there. I took a little while but I worked out why eventually, it was over a job I warned them about that I was doing for the press that they wanted hushed up.

That particular job, which would have got a lot of very bad publicity for the police never reached the papers, despite a now ex-policemen being sentenced to a very long time in prison. But from what this man said it appears that as a result they thought I was also involved in another high profile investigation which could have harmed a very senior police officers image, which I wasn't, but he wouldn't say what they did to me as a result.

Remember, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't after you.

Went to Purnells for dinner, which was great.

I started with a cherry, vanilla bakewell cocktail.


Then starters of a potato rosti, black pudding with an egg yolk.


Then honey roast slow cooked pork belly, with a sausage roll slice and mustard mash.

 
Then, they were only small portions, I had a creme brulee with a poached pear and pear sorbet.


Then cheese & biscuits with a glass of port.


Finished off by a latte with some chocolates.


What a lovely but cold evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment