Sunday 9 June 2013

Day 1260 & 1261 (08 & 09/06/2013)

Thomas is away for a weekend of ICC Cricket and he appears to have another publication, this one in the Observer on Sunday.


We went to a party on Saturday night to celebrate our friends Silver Wedding Anniversary. They are some of our oldest friends, as I joined the police with him in 1983 and my wife went to school with her and we all met up on a night out in June 1984, with both of the girls ending up being called Smith.

The party was a 1980's themed fancy dress, with Kelly going as Morrisey and my wife in full 1980's outfit, truly the woman I fell in love with all of those years ago.  


I went as a negative Mr Motivator, white, fat and with hair, OK I am a let down and can't stand fancy dress parties.

At the party they had a screen showing the wedding photos, which included my wife as a bridesmaid. Everyone was saying that only her hair style has changed and that she was still looking as good now, which I obviously had to agree with. Clearly I got the better end of the deal, as I might not be quite the man she married.


The party was great fun, as we have known there families for so long as really enjoy spending time with them. We were stayed until the early hours, sitting outside in the cold with the warmth being provided by a vastly overfed fire pit.


Looking forward to catching up on some sleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment