Monday 24 December 2012

Day 1094 (24/12/2012)

Ho bloody Ho, IT'S CHRISTMAS as Noddy Holder said or more correctly shouted. I think we are just about organised and if we aren't, well it's too late now as Christmas will be here whether we want it or not.

OK its Christmas tomorrow but I don't think my wife will let me on my computer tomorrow.

I had a cunning plan this morning to send a few emails off to the Daily Mail to give them a few anti-police stories, to help my case against the people who have upset me. I hate to deal with the Daily Mail but I think the story will fit in with their current anti-police campaign, due to the fight with the politicians.

It's horrible to do anti-police things as I have many happy memories from my time in the police.


Back in the 80's & 90's there was always a van parked in this back street location, which was on 30 second response to any calls for assistance from officers patrolling a slightly dodgy area, which had such a bad reputation & history officers had to stay in pairs. We often spent whole 8 or 12 hour shifts parked in this street, playing cards and listening to the radio, standing by to stand by, as we used to say.

During one shift, when we were watching a world cup football match on a portable, I was bored so went for a walk around. My sergeant said stay out of trouble so was slightly surprised when about 15 minutes later I had to call for urgent assistance from the centre of the dodgy area, having stopped a car and made an arrest of a local.

By the time my assistance arrived there were probably around a hundred people who had come out to have a go at me. When I say have a go at me, think this is how a riot starts and you will get the idea of what it was like, with lots of violent aggressive people squaring up to me, and me holding my prisoner in handcuffs as a shield, just in case they wanted to stab me, then they would have to go through him first.

It was funny and not at all frightening but upon reflection it might not have been the wisest thing to have done, as it could have ended very badly for me. But in those days there was no fear, being in a fight was a near daily occurrence, so this was just another situation where someone was going to get hurt, but hopefully I wouldn't be the one who came off worse.

Not that I didn't shake, I often did, but inside I was never scared of doing anything, so never worried at the time, just carried on regardless and then laughed about it later.

Strange times indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment